DOT Screening Test Technician Training: Q.E.D Device
This online course thoroughly covers the Department of Transportation Regulations outlined in 49 CFR Part 40 for conducting alcohol screening tests, proficiency training on the Q.E.D device and the required 5 mock alcohol tests.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive their Screening Test Technician certification.
Once you complete training on 49 CFR Part 40 and using the Q.E.D, you will receive an email to contact us to sign up for a WebEx online sessions. It is during the WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock alcohol tests in the presence of an instructor.
What makes AlcoPro’s online Screening Test Technician course unique?
- Whereas other online courses are “read only” — like reading a book — our course offers the highest level of interactivity, so you stay engaged and retain more information
- Online forum allows you to pose questions and interact with other students and an instructor
- Fits with your busy schedule and allows you to learn at your pace
- Course can be viewed on any mobile device
Technical requirements to take this course:
- A computer with speakers and a webcamera (built-in or external)
- An internet connection
- This course is best viewed using Google Chrome browser (do not use IE browser to view this course)
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- If viewing this course on a mobile device, students will need to download the free Litmos app from their mobile app store
Required supplies for the 5 Mock Tests:
- 8 individually wrapped Q.E.D devices (devices not included in the cost of this course)
- A bottle of Ethanol Quality Control Solution with which to conduct a Quality Control Test (controls not included in the cost of this course)
- 6 DOT Alcohol Testing Forms
- Sample size of Scope mouthwash to replicate a positive alcohol test
- A subject who can sit along side you as you perform these live tests
- Disposable gloves
Contact AlcoPro at 800.227.9890 if you need assistance in securing supplies.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.