Online Breath Alcohol Technician Training: DOT Regulations & Alco-Sensor RBT VXL Proficiency Training
This online Breath Alcohol Technician training covers the DOT regulations for breath alcohol testing as outlined in 49 CFR Part 40, as well as training in the operation of the Alco-Sensor VXL/RBT VXL breath alcohol instrument. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your Breath Alcohol Technician certificate showing proficiency in 49 CFR Part 40 and in the operation of the Alco-Sensor VXL/RBT VXL breath alcohol instrument.
The DOT Regulations and Instrument training are conducted as an online course, so you can learn at your own pace. The 7 mock alcohol tests are conducted online via a live WebEx session.
With our Breath Alcohol Technician Training (BAT) you will…
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of DOT rules & regulations 49 CFR, Part 40
- Experience thorough and practical training on the Alco-Sensor VXL/RBT VXL
- Perform 7 mock alcohol breath tests that cover common & uncommon testing scenarios
- Learn how to perform and document accuracy checks
- Learn how to perform calibration adjustments and achieve CalTech certification (add-on training option)
- Receive resources and documents to advance your knowledge
- Maintain supportive communication with our instructors
What makes AlcoPro’s online Breath Alcohol Technician course unique?
- Whereas other online courses are “read only” — like reading a book — our course offers the highest level of interactivity, so you stay engaged and retain more information
- Online forum allows you to pose questions and interact with other students and an instructor
- Fits with your busy schedule and allows you to learn at your pace
- View courses from any mobile device through the Litmos app
Technical requirements to take this course:
- A computer with speakers and a web camera (built-in or external)
- An internet connection
- This course is best viewed using Google Chrome browser (do not use IE browser to view this course)
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- If viewing this course on a mobile device, students will need to download the free Litmos app from their mobile app store
Required supplies for the 7 Mock Tests:
- Access to your Alco-Sensor VXL/RBT VXL device and 10 mouthpieces
- 9 DOT Alcohol Testing Forms
- Tamper-evident tape (required if you are not using tamper proof paper)
- Sample size of Scope mouthwash
- A subject who can sit along side you as you perform these live tests
- Alcohol gas tank (.038 gas standard)
- Tank regulator (required to conduct accuracy checks)
Training Success Guarantee
We offer the industry’s only Training Success Guarantee. If you encounter a fatal flaw, causing an alcohol test to become cancelled, we will conduct your Error Correction training free of charge. That’s our guarantee…that your training will equip you for success. Our Training Success Guarantee is available to all students who hold an active training certificate issued by AlcoPro.