The Alcomonitor CC has been a mainstay for over 20 years in the lineup of Intoximeter instruments. Curiously, no other manufacturer has offered an instrument with similar features – the Alcomonitor CC is truly a one-of-a-kind instrument.
The two features that get the most attention are the use of beverage straws as mouthpieces and the automatic Accuracy Checks.
Beverage Straws as Mouthpieces
The use of beverage straws as mouthpieces significantly reduces the operating cost of the
instruments. In high volume settings the savings on mouthpieces easily justifies the cost of the instrument. Individually wrapped straws meet hygiene standards, and a one-way valve in the instrument protects against subjects who try to inhale (rather than blow) as a way to beat the test.
Automatic Accuracy Checks
The Alcomonitor CC makes Accuracy Checks extraordinarily simple compared to performing an Accuracy Check on a hand-held instrument. The instrument is programmed to perform periodic Accuracy Checks automatically – unattended, without the need for an operator. This ensures compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan requirement to do Accuracy Checks at least once a month. And if the operator chooses to perform a “manual” Accuracy Check, they use the keypad to access the Accuracy Check procedure in the maintenance menu and press the appropriate button to start the procedure – no skill necessary other than knowing which button to press.
The DOT version of the Alcomonitor CC is programmed with the DOT test protocol as well as elements of the Intoximeters Quality Assurance Plan. The protocol offers a choice of Screening and Confirmation test, automatically counts down a 15-minute waiting period after a screening test of .020 or greater, and prompts for an Accuracy Check after Confirmation a test of .020 or greater. The external Slip Printer prints results directly on the Alcohol Test Form, eliminating the need for tamper evident tape.
Quick Screen Version
The Quick Screen version is designed for use in treatment and corrections programs, and uses a stripped-down menu to quickly test large numbers of subjects. One press of the Start button begins the test. The instrument can be programmed to alert for the presence of alcohol at different levels and to trigger a confirmation test.
Here is a rundown of all of the features of the Alcomonitor CC
- Table top instrument runs on AC power.
- Uses ordinary beverage straws as mouthpieces.
- Alcohol Gas Tank installed in instrument enables periodic automatic Accuracy Checks without the need for an operator.
- Operator can perform Accuracy Checks and Calibration Adjustments at the press of a button.
- Heated breath sample chamber enables hundreds of tests a day without degradation of results.
- Keypad enables operator to navigate menu and enter subject ID number.
- Displays messages that prompt operator through test protocol.
- Can print results to an external printer.
- Stores test results in memory which can be uploaded to a PC.
- One of the most accurate and precise instruments in the Intoximeter lineup.
- Durable – capable of hundreds of thousands of tests.
How do you fix alcomonitor intoximeter cc when the screen has a prompt for ‘low temperature’?
Jennie Lee-Pace says
The low temperature reading is a result of the ambient room temperature being below the required operating temperature. You can raise the temperature of the room. We know that over the weekend, some facilities will drop the temperature of the facility to save money. You just have to bring that temperature back up and give the AMCC time to reach that operating temperature.